Thai National AGRIS Centre was established in March 13, 1980 by General National FAO Committee, Ministry of Agriculture and Cooperatives cooperated with Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations.
1. Collects information related to agricultural sciences and technologies produced/printed in Thailand including those of agricultural information about Thailand produced/printed in abroad
2. Technical management of agricultural information system: indexing, cataloging, creating Thai Agricultural Database
3. Care and preservation of valuable agricultural information materials in form of microfich and electronic forms (including unpublished documents considered valuable is also preserved)
4. Agricultural information services and organize activities in promoting to make the most use of collected information in databases
5. Conduct research project in order to develop information service strategies
6. Organize activities to develop agricultural information system
7. Co-operate with other organizations in developing agricultural information system and being national representative in co- operating with AGRIS Coordinating Centres at regional and international levels