Thai National AGRIS Centre was established in March 13, 1980 by General National FAO Committee, Ministry of Agriculture and Cooperatives cooperated with Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations.
- Collects information related to agricultural sciences and technologies produced/printed in Thailand including those of agricultural information about Thailand produced/printed in abroad
- Technical management of agricultural information system: indexing, cataloging, creating Thai Agricultural Database
- Care and preservation of valuable agricultural information materials in form of microfich and electronic forms (including unpublished documents considered valuable is also preserved)
- Agricultural information services and organize activities in promoting to make the most use of collected information in databases
- Conduct research project in order to develop information service strategies
- Organize activities to develop agricultural information system
- Co-operate with other organizations in developing agricultural information system and being national representative in co- operating with AGRIS Coordinating Centres at regional and international levels